As promised, Xiaomi has released the new MIUI v6.0 to the former flagship smartphone Mi3 in India.
Xiaomi Mi3 owners are beginning to receive the new MIUI 6.0 firmware OTA (Over-The-Air) notification with build number – V18.104.22.168.KXDMIBL – on their devices, reported NDTV Gadgets.
The new software is close to 550MB in size and is said to bring in new visually appealing interface, new email integration, notification options, enhanced security and a lot more improvements.
It has to be noted that OTA updates are released in phases, so it will take some time, probably a few days more to reach all corners of the country.
Until then, users can manually check for update by going to setting >> about phone >> system updates >> check now.
Besides Xiaomi Mi3, the company is expected to release the new MIUI 6.0 to Redmi 1S and Redmi Note (both 3G & 4G models) in coming days.
Description of key of features of MIUI v6.0:
- Manage apps: Users can group their favourite apps in batches, widgets.
- Animations: With MIUI 6, smartphone browsing experience is set to reach new level. Be it transition from one app to another or installing new apps will not be ordinary anymore, there will be life-like movements and there will be rainbow effect when uninstalling apps, says the company.
- Notification: The new clutter-free interface brings smart-floating notifications with simple drop down banners/pop-ups.
- Security: MIUI 6 provides more control to users so that they can keep tab on apps' back-ground activities, data-usage on phone, app permission options and more.
- Themes Store: The new update will provide user access to over 5,000 MIUI themes.
- Email: This app can put all mails with the same subject into one folder so that user can see what's new at a glance and also decide, which emails he/she wants to read first and when. Several types of mail accounts are supported and users just have to fill in their email address and password. [For more information, click HERE]