Xiaomi recently launched the latest Mi 4i smartphone in mid-range smartphone segment. The company has already sold thousands of handsets through weekly flash sales on Flipkart. In its fourth flash sale on Thursday (21 May), limited stocks of Xiaomi Mi 4i will be available for a short period.
Flash sales have proved to be highly successful for Xiaomi, Lenovo and other smartphone vendors. With several units selling out in a matter of seconds, companies have not only created an unprecedented demand but also a sustainable, successful business model.
If you have faced challenges in the past while ordering the new budget device or weary of flash sales, here's a guide to improve your chances of successfully placing an order.
Tips to buy Xiaomi Mi 4i during flash sale
- Only registered buyers can participate in the Xiaomi Mi 4i flash sale on 21 May. So register yourself on Flipkart before 20 May midnight.
- On 21 May, go to Flipkart sale page well in advance. The sale commences at 2PM.
- There will be a countdown before the sale begins. Keep a close watch on it.
- The countdown may have a difference of 5-10 seconds from the actual time of commencement of sale. This is due to the speed of your Internet connection and the browser speed.
- We advise you to use a LAN connection and a Google Chrome browser. Close unnecessary tabs, especially those slowing down your Internet speed (like videos playing in the background).
- To stay up to date with the countdown, refresh the Flipkart website at regular intervals.
- Study the pattern on how many seconds are being missed between each refresh.
- Just when the countdown reaches 10 seconds, refresh the webpage every second and make sure you are getting the real-time countdown.
- Place the cursor on the countdown, which will be replaced with a Buy button, indicating the sale has commenced.
- Soon after your final refresh, click on the Buy button as it appears. Remember every second matters.
- Once you have successfully added the Xiaomi Mi 4i to the cart, proceed to check out.
- Delaying checkouts may result in losing the handset as the cart gets emptied every four hours.
Xiaomi Mi 4i is priced at ₹12,999. For the price, it offers a 5-inch Full HD IPS screen with 178-degree viewing angle and 441ppi. It is powered by a 64-bit second-gen Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor clocking speeds at 1.7GHz coupled by a 2GB RAM and 16GB storage. The Mi 4i also features an impressive 13MP primary camera and a 5MP front snapper. It has a 3,120mAh battery and supports 4G LTE bandwidth.