World of Warcraft, the popular 2004 MMORPG title from Blizzard Entertainment receives a new patch 5.4.8 that brings in improvements to classes, items and UI.
The new patch has resolved issues related to Druid and Rogue Classes and it will increase the berserk timer for Garrosh Hellscream. Going to Need a Bigger Bag has been made available to everyone.
The World of Warcraft will add its fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor, to the game in the fall 2014. This expansion will be adding new continent and it will allow players to build and upgrade garrisons. Also the level cap will be increased to 100 from 90. Players can pre-purchase the Warlords of Draenor Standard Edition for $49.99 and the Digital Deluxe Edition for $69.99.
Below are the full patch notes for World of Warcraft (World of Warcraft Game Guide):
- Druid: Resolved an issue where Cat Form's movement speed bonus was stacking incorrectly with Warrior's version of Stampeding Shout granted via Symbiosis.
- Rogue: Burst of Speed can now be activated to remove movement-slowing effects even if another movement speed bonus such as Sprint is already present (the speed bonuses will still not stack).
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
Siege of Orgrimmar
- General Nazgrim: General Nazgrim no longer calls in an additional wave of forces at 10% health on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Garrosh Hellscream: Increased berserk timer for Garrosh Hellscream to 25 minutes (up from 18 minutes) on Raid Finder difficulty.
- All upgradable epic quality items introduced in Patch 5.4 (items found in Siege of Orgrimmar and Timeless Isle) are now eligible to be upgraded an additional 2 times for a total increase of 16 item levels.
- Heirloom weapons awarded by Garrosh Hellscream have been increased by 8 item levels to keep them competitive with the additional 2 upgrade levels given to other items.
- Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court now sells a token called Deeds of Valor for 3000 Timeless Coins. When used, Deeds of Valor grants 100 Valor Points to the character, up to the 1000 Valor Point maximum per week.
- For additional details behind this change, please check out the forum thread titled: Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8.
- UI Add-Ons are no longer able to update a number of CVars while the player is in combat. A complete listing of CVars affected by this change can be found in the forum thread titled: 5.4.8 Changes to CVars While In-Combat.
- Going to Need a Bigger Bag is now an account-wide achievement and items obtained by all characters on the account now contribute credit towards completion. This means the achievement can be completed by obtaining all the required items across multiple characters instead of having a single character obtain all the items needed.
Crash Course Video Offers Tips for Players at Level 90
Blizzard Entertainement has released a new video to help players who have reached level 90. The new video offers them some inputs on how to create a diversion with tips on class management. The developer is offering crash course for one each of the game's 11 classes. The focus of the video is on "one damage-dealing (DPS) specialization for each class," said Blizzard that posted it on the official blog.
The video shows player how to use the magic and deliver it without putting a dent to the mana cost.
(YouTube Courtesy: World of Warcraft)
Cosmetic Class Customization Previewed
The art team at Blizzard introduces fans and players to some of the concepts that the team is working on.
"We've been cooking up some concepts for how we might be able to bring that sort of class-specific visual customization back in the form of purely cosmetic class accessories—and while we're not here to herald their imminent arrival..." said Chris Robinson, senior art director of World of Warcraft on the blog.
The preview shows some of the possible accessories for Rogues, Hunters, and Paladins, that show case the design for these as it increases in levels.