World Environment Day is observed all over the world on 5 June and the theme for this year is "Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care."
This special day has been observed since 1973 to raise awareness on saving our planet.
On Friday, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi planted a sapling at his official residence as part of the special day. Even Cricketer Virat Kohli, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar among many others planted a sapling at Paryavaran Bhawan in New Delhi.
Check out some interesting and thought provoking quotes to be shared on World Environment Day:
- "The environment is everything that isn't me". – Albert Einstein
- "We won't have a society if we destroy the environment." – Margaret Mead
- "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed." – Mahatma Gandhi
- "The most important environmental issue is one that is rarely mentioned, and that is the lack of a conservation ethic in our culture". – Gaylord Nelson
- "Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth". – Henry David Thoreau
- "Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land". – Aldo Leopold
- "We must return to nature and nature's god". – Luther Burbank
- "I can find God in nature, in animals, in birds and the environment". – Pat Buckley
- "Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we'll soon be in trouble". – Roger Tory Peterson
- "By polluting clear water with slime you will never find good drinking water". – Aeschylus