The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the action RPG video game from developer CD Projekt RED, has got a mammoth new patch 1.05 that will bring many fixes and improvements to the game. The PC version will get the patch as 1.05 and on consoles, it will be known as patch 1.04.
The patch will also bring various stability and performance improvements to the game along with bug and issue fixes.
The patch will not let Geralt talk with the candles near chests. The patch will enable new improvements in GUI and HUD on both PC and consoles. The HUD improvement will help players facing the game's small, hard-to-read text. It will also improve the smoothness of the camera.
Besides, the XP glitch that was noticed last week, which prevented players from earning experience on the quests that were below their character level, has also been fixed.
The developer clarified that the XP glitch "doesn't impact the game balance in any significant way. Also, you will be able to finish the game with your character achieving a level within the threshold we had in mind when we designed the game."
Below are the patch notes of patch 1.05/1.04 for The Witcher: Wild Hunt (CD Projekt RED Forum):
- Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch