Apple Inc has announced its much-anticipated smartphone iPhone 5 and it will be available from the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores, and through AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and select Apple Authorized Resellers.
iPhone 5 will be available in countries like the United Stated, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and the UK next Friday, September 21. However, customers can pre-order the new iPhone this Friday.
Apple said that iPhone 5 will be released in 22 more countries on September 28, including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. IBTimes is awaiting official confirmation from Apple on the availability of its latest iPhone in India.
iPhone 5 will come in either white and silver or black and slate, and will be priced in the US at $199 (US) for the 16GB model and $299 (US) for the 32GB model and $399 (US) for the 64GB model.
Apple announced iPhone 5 at the Yerba Buena Center for Arts in San Francisco on Wednesday and it is the thinnest and lightest ever iPhone.
The new iPhone comes with iOS 6 with over 200 new features, a 4-inch Retina display, an Apple-designed A6 chip for blazing fast performance, ultrafast wireless technology and a better battery life.
"iPhone 5 is the most beautiful consumer device that we've ever created," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "We've packed an amazing amount of innovation and advanced technology into a thin and light, jewel-like device with a stunning 4-inch Retina display, blazing fast A6 chip, ultrafast wireless, even longer battery life; and we think customers are going to love it."
iPhone 5 Specifications:
- iPhone 5 comes with iOS 6 with over 200 new features including new Maps app, turn-by-turn navigation, Facebook integration; Passbook organization; more Siri features
- 4-inch Retina display
- 7.6 mm anodized aluminum body, 18 percent thinner and 20 percent lighter than iPhone 4S
- Apple-designed A6 chip
- Ultrafast wireless standards including LTE and DC-HSDPA
- Dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi support for a wireless experience up to 150 Mbps
- 8 megapixel iSight camera
- FaceTime HD front facing camera for self portraits and recording 720p HD video
- 8-pin dock connector called Lightning; 30-pin adapter available
- Enhanced audio features including a new beam-forming; supports cellular wideband audio
- Improved battery life
(One US Dollar= Rupees 55 approximately)