The CW's crossover show of "The Flash" and "Arrow", "Legends of Tomorrow", premieres on Thursday, 21 January. The premiere episode, titled "Pilot, Part 1" will see the assembling of the ragtag team of heroes â€” nay, legends â€” that will save the world.
As fans already know, the team features FIRESTORM (Victor Garber/Franz Drameh), The Atom (Brandon Routh), White Canary (Caity Lotz), Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell), Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), Hawkgirl (Ciara Renee) and Hawkman (Falk Hentschel). The team is led by the time lord Rip Hunter (Arthur Darvill), who is responsible for history itself. They will face off against the immortal villain Vandal Savage (Casper Crump).
Ahead of the "Legends of Tomorrow" premiere on Thursday, here are five things you should be aware of:
- Although The CW is all for crossovers, do not expect too many appearances from "The Flash" and "Arrow" on "LoT". Because of the time-travelling nature of the show, it would be difficult for the legends to match in timeline with the hooded hero and the meta-human superhero.
- The show is packed with characters who are known to crack one-liners, so pay attention to all the dialogues in the show â€” especially the premiere episode. One bathroom break and you might miss a wisecrack by Captain Cold or an adorable statement from Ray.
- Watch out for Dominic Purcell's crazy, crazy version of Heat Wave in "LoT". He might have played the same character in "The Flash", but there he always took a backseat, allowing co-criminal Captain Cold to shine. In Legends, he has amazing lines, more screen time and the lenience to display his madness.
- Visit all your favourite time periods, starting with the 70s. We will even see a young version of Professor Stein, who seems to be an advocate of getting high. Even White Canary flirts with this cool version of Stein.
- Get ready to watch the baddest of the bad on screen. Vandal Savage is an immortal villain, meaning we will get to see him be the bad guy in various time periods throughout history, from the beginning of time.