Napoli have a very good chance of reaching their first European final in 26 yearsReuters

Napoli take on Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk in the first leg semi-final of the Europa League at the Stadio San Paolo in Naples on Thursday.

Napoli boss Rafa Benitez is right on the verge of leading the Serie A side to the final of the European competition for the first time since the 1988/89 season.

The Serie A side have done well in the Europa League this season, topping their pool in the group stages and then beating the likes of Trabzonspor, Dynamo Moscow and Wolfsburg in the round of 32, round of 16 and the quarter-finals respectively to book a place in the final four of the competition.

Although the former Liverpool boss admits that they are very close to creating a "historic moment", he insists that they cannot afford to take Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk lightly.

"This game is the first step towards getting to the final. We have to be focused. To get to another final, 26 years on from the last one, would be a historic moment for the city and for the club. That's all I am focused on," Benitez, who has won the competition with Valencia and Chelsea in 2003/04 and 2012/13 respectively, told UEFA's official website.

"Dnipro have lost only twice in 17 matches this year. They work hard and they have a really good coach. They beat Olympiacos, Ajax and Club Brugge – they are in the UEFA Europa League semi-finals because they deserve to be."

"We need to show head and heart, and also to have faith in ourselves against a team that have quality players and know exactly what they need to do. The priority is to win; we won't rush but we must take advantage of our strength, our skill and our pace."

Meanwhile, Dnipro will also be looking to beat Napoli and create their own history by reaching the final of the Europa League.

The Ukranian side have also done well in the Europa League this season beating the likes of Olympiacos, Ajax and Club Brugge in the earlier rounds of the competition.

However, they are the underdogs in this fixture and Dnipro manager Myron Markevych admits that Napoli will be a difficult opponent.

"I have analysed a lot of Napoli matches and I obviously know the great potential of their team," Markevych told UEFA's official website. "They have good players like José Callejón, Gonzalo Higuaín and Marek Hamšík, so it will obviously be hard for us."

Despite admitting that his side have a "40% chance of reaching the final," he insists that Dnipro will be giving their best on Thursday.

"I think Dnipro have a 40% chance of reaching the final and Napoli 60%. But tomorrow we will not be a supporting cast, we will fight in midfield and try to manufacture counterattacks. We will play our own game.

"My players are calm, quiet and concentrated. It is a big game but we must not be afraid or withdrawn, instead we have to play and give everything we can," he added.

Expected Line-ups:

Napoli: Andújar; Maggio, Albiol, Britos, Ghoulam; Inler, López; Insigne, Callejón, Hamšík; Higuaín.

Dnipro: Boyko; Fedetskiy, Douglas, Cheberyachko, Léo Matos; Kankava, Rotan, Fedorchuk, Luchkevych, Konoplyanka; Kalinić.

Where to Watch Live

The game is scheduled for a 9:05pm local time (12:35am IST, 8:05pm BST, 3:05pm ET) start, with live coverage on Ten Sports in India. The match can also be watched via live streaming online on Ten Sports Live.

The US viewers can watch the game live on Fox Sports 2 and ESPN 3 or online on Fox Soccer 2Go. The audience in Canada can watch via live stream on Sportsnet World.

Viewers in Ukraine can watch the match live on Kanal 5 Ukrania Belarus 5 and Futbol 2, while audience in Italy can do the same on Premium Calcio 1, Premium Calcio HD 2

Also read