Ubisoft Montreal's latest release, the open-world hacking game, Watch Dogs has gotten a major patch, which will be rolling out for all platforms and fixing numerous issues haunting the multiplayer gameplay.
Issues that will be fixed include corrupted save files and the sudden inability to use hacks in the game.
The patch will be available for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on 19 June. The PC version of the game will get it in the "coming days." As for Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be rolling out "within next week."
Watch Dogs is set in a fictional Chicago city, where players will play as Aiden Pearce, a skilled hacker. Players will have to choose their path – as a vigilante or as a criminal, which will affect the end result.
This fictional city has a centralized operating system known as "ctOS" which players will be able to hack and use it as a means to gather information, sabotage or escape from police and others.
Watch Dogs was released on 27 May for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The Wii U version will release sometime in 2014.
Below are the full patch notes for Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Forums):
Major Game Fixes
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90 percent. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC Specific Fixes
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed "Drinking Game" control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed "Chess Game" control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
Watch Dog Mod Restores its Visual Glory
A new mod by The Worse, a Guru3D forum user restores the PC version of Watch Dogs' original graphical glory when it made its appearance at E3 2012.
The modder said that he found hidden files that not only improve the way the game looks but also improves the game's performance.
The modder was reportedly searching fixes for the stuttering problems after its launch. "After searching so much for the unpacker I found it, started playing with it and after a long time of testing I ended up getting the E3 Bloom from 2012 working," he said in a post in the forum.
(YouTube Courtesy: STRIMS)