Pathankot terror attack
An Indian security personnel stands guard on a building at the Indian Air Force (IAF) base at Pathankot in Punjab, India, January 5, 2016. The bodies of four terrorists were still at the base on Wednesday, 6 January 2016.

Pathankot terrorists bodies still at air base: The bodies of four terrorists who attacked the Pathankot Airforce Base have not yet been removed as combing operations at the site continued on Wednesday. 

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had announced on Tuesday six terrorists had been neutralised, four days after the attack began in the early hours of 2 January. 

The terrorists' bodies were still at a cordoned-off area at the base behind the Defence Security Corps (DSC) lines, Hindustan Times reported on Wednesday. 

Seven Indian personnel were killed in the operations. The terrorists are believed to have entered Punjab from Pakistan. 

US troops Afghanistan
A U.S. soldier keeps watch at a security tower at their base in Helmand, Afghanistan September 28, 2015. A US soldier was killed in Helmand on Tuesday, 5 January 2016.Reuters

US soldier killed in Afghanistan's Helmand province: America saw its first casualty in Afghanistan in 2016 after a soldier was killed on Tuesday in a military operation in Helmand province, where the Taliban militants have been trying to take control.

At least two other US troops and several Afghan troops were also wounded when they came under fire during a train-and-assist mission, Pentagon press secretary Peter Cook was quoted as saying by AFP. 

Last month, six US soldiers were killed when a  suicide bomber attacked their patrol near the Bagram air base. 

US General John Campbell had said more US troops may be needed in Afghanistan apart from the 9,800 who will remain till the end of 2016 after US President Barack Obama retracted his pledge to pull out American troops from the country. 

Kabul blast
An Afghan policeman stands guard at the site of an explosion in Kabul, Afghanistan January 4, 2016. A blast was reported in Kabul on Tuesday, 5 January 2016, the third in two days.Reuters

Third blast in Kabul in two days: A third blast was reported in Kabul on Tuesday night, coming after two suicide bombings had hit the capital city of Afghanistan in the last two days. 

No casualties were reported in the third blast that occurred in the diplomatic quarter of the city, according to TOLO News. Reuters said the explosion was caused by a magnetic bomb attached to a car. 

Two people were killed in a blast on Monday night in the  Hawa Shinasi area near the Hamid Karzai international Airport. Earlier on Monday, another suicide blast had struck at a police checkpoint near the Kabul airport, but no casualties were reported.