Brussels terror threat
Belgian soldiers stand guard on Brussels' Grand Place, December 30, 2015. Belgium arrested six people in connection to a terror plot in the capital of Belgium on Thursday, 31 December 2015.Reuters

Belgium arrest 10th suspect in Paris attacks: The Belgian Police have arrested the 10th suspect in the Paris attacks that killed 130 people last month.

Belgian national Ayoub was arrested during a raid in the Molenbeek neighbourhood in Brussels on Wednesday, AFP quoted Belgian prosecutors as saying on Thursday. The prosecutors charged him with "terrorist murder" offences. 

Belgium has been on high alert and called off New Year's Eve celebrations in Brussels over the threat of a terror attack. 

The main suspect in the Isis-perpetrated Paris attacks, Salah Abdeslam, was believed to have travelled to Brussels following the attacks and is still on the run. 

Belgium
A Belgian special forces police officer patrols a street during a police raid in central Brussels, Belgium, December 20, 2015. Six more people were arrested for plotting terror attacks in Brussels on New Year's eve, federal prosecutors said on Thursday, 31 December 2015.Reuters

Six more held over alleged New Year's plot in Brussels: Belgian prosecutors said six more people have been detained in connection with a terror attack plot in Brussels. 

Over the past few days, two people have been arrested in Belgium for plotting terror strikes in Brussels on 31 December.

The Belgian Police had also reportedly recovered Isis propaganda material in earlier raids, but did not find weapons or explosives.

Belgium decided to cancel New Year celebrations and fireworks in Brussels due to the terror threat. 

Isis attack Syria
Residents inspect damage from a suicide bomb in Qamishli, Syria December 30, 2015. 16 people were killed in the blasts claimed by the Islamic State.Reuters

Isis bombings at Syrian restaurants kill 16: Islamic State militants carried out two bombings at restaurants in the Kurdish city of Qamishli in Syria on Wednesday night, killing at least 16 people. 

The Isis terrorists blew up devices at the Miami and Gabriel restaurants, according to state news agency SANA. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that there was also a suicide bomber. 

"Three explosions, one by a suicide bomber inside a restaurant, hit Qamishli city in Hasakeh province," Rami Abdel Rahman, director of the monitoring agency, told AFP. 

At least 30 people were injured in the blasts. Qamishli is one of the bases for the Kurdish militia fighting Isis in Syria. 

Also read