After conducting soak tests for weeks, Verizon has released Android Marshmallow update to Droid Turbo 2 in USA.
"Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for your Droid Turbo 2. Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow improves your mobile experience with new battery-smart features and enhanced app permissions that give you even more control," the company said in a statement.
The new update (build number: SU1B Reg 3: 24.14.10.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US) is being rolled out via OTA (Over-The-Air). For more information on official change-log of Droid Turbo 2, click HERE
How to install OTA (Over-the-Air) update on Droid Turbo 2:
[Note: Device owners are advised to make sure the device has at least 50 percent battery so that installation doesn't get interrupted mid way. Also make sure to download the update on Wi-Fi connection for smooth installation experience and to avoid hefty data bill]
If you have received a notification message for this update:
1. Select "Yes, I'm in".
2. After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
3. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
4. Your phone is now updated to Android 6.0.
It has to be noted that the roll-out is being staged in phases, so it will take a few weeks to reach all corners. Until then, readers can follow the steps below to manually check for update on your phone.
1. Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
2. Select "About phone".
3. Select "System updates".
4. If the update is ready, select "Yes, I'm in". After the software is downloaded, select "Install now".
5. After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.
6. Your phone is now updated to Android 6.0.