A new version of Resurrection Remix-based Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM has been made available to the Motorola's 2013 flagship mid-range smartphone Moto G (Falcon) models.
This new firmware is created by the senior recognised XDA Developers Forum member, going by the moniker, varund7726. It is based on Cyanogen's CM12.1 series and comes with a lot of bug fixes for previous versions (v5.0, v5.0.1 & v5.0.2), but the software is still an experimental beta version with some untested glitches in them.
So we advise our readers to go through the whole tutorial article before going forward with the installation.
Features of Resurrection Remix Android v5.1 Lollipop custom ROM which are said to be functional on Motorola Moto G (Falcon) models:
- Volume panel timeout
- Quick settings customizations
- Add membar to recents options
- Lock screen Weather panel
- QS :Make tiles visible behind of transparent detail view
- Add RR boot dialog
- Make G notification font colors more compatible with dark and light themes
- keyguard: dont show enter key when quick unlock is enabled
- Use actual storage type of sdcard/usb
- follow charging notification settings also for wireless charging
- Hide secondary icon and divider on expanded volume panel
- Add brightness settings to Profiles
- If a wake key is disabled by the user, do not wake from doze.
- Themes: Remove unnecessary query in updateWallpaper
- SystemUi: Nuke secondaryIcon.
- bootanimation: Set CPU boost hint
- Materialize volume panel in/out animation
- long press back to kill configurable timeout
- remove redundant ic_qs_signa
- don't use SIM display name if there isn't available info l_hp.PNG
- Move default value for Settings.Secure.ADVANCED_MODE to core
- Make forward/reverse lookup default overlay
- add back permission-group SECURITY to fix blacklist
- System ui : Restore text Styles to stock
- systemui: Boost when expanding the notification shade
- fix BluetoothControllerImpl formatting issues
- Fix FC after starting screen recording
- policy: don't allow app switch/recents key to be pressed on lockscreen
- included all cm 12.1 updates and fixes
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- This Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM has to be installed on multiple Moto G (aka Falcon) models- XT1032/33/GPE [More information, HERE]; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your device (Moto G) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Motorola Moto G (Falcon) models-
Step 2: Connect Motorola Moto G (Falcon) to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, clickHERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file and Google Apps into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (Down)' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to Recovery mode, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure again to install the Google Apps. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Moto G Falcon) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: XDA Developers Forum members- varund7726]
[Note: If faced with any issues using this custom ROM, leave your feedback, HERE]