A new preview version CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM has been made available to Yu Yureka.
This firmware has been created by XDA Developer Forum's recognised programmer Santhosh M. It is based on Google's latest Android v6.0 Marshmallow and brings the Doze power saving feature, a faster Chrome browser, a more intuitive Now on Tap feature, a new security-feature-verified boot system, support for more international dialects, a new contextual assistance feature and numerous other features to enhance user-experience on Yu Yureka.
We would like to remind our readers that this CyanogenMod CM13 firmware is an experimental preview version, so there are some bugs in it. Users are advised to exercise caution before going ahead with the installation.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- This new Android 6.0 Marshmallow CyanogenMod [unofficial] CM13 custom series has to be installed on YU Yureka (aka tomato) model only, if tried on other devices, they might get bricked [to check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number].
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void; the company will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted before going ahead with custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing memory in the phone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure USB driver is installed on the PC or else your device (Yureka) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted midway.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of CyanogenMod (unofficial) CM13 Android v6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on YU Yureka model (aka Tomato)-
Step 1: Download CyanogenMod CM13 [unofficial] Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM custom ROM in to your PC, connect Yureka to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Downloadable files are provided at the bottom]
Step 2: Then, place CyanogenMod CM13 custom ROM zip file into the phone's memory (root-folder only).
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must be rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 3: Turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 4: Perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding â€“ 'Volume Up + Volume Down + Power'- buttons.
Step 5: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 6: Clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'
Step 7: Comeback to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 8: Come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 9: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to software ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 10: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Yureka) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to 'Settings' >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of CyanogenMod CM13 [unofficial] Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM.
Cyanogen CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Link:
Download ROM for YU Yureka (aka tomato): HERE [Build date: 17 November, 2015]
Google Apps: HERE