Popular custom mobile software developer community CyanogenMod has come up with its new CM13 series stable ROM to the 2016 flagship smartphone OnePlus 3.
The new CyanogenMod firmware (build number: ZNH5YAO0GF) is based on the Android v6.0.1 (r61) Marshmallow. It weighs around 493MB in size and comes with numerous shortcuts, exclusive wallpapers, themes, latest security updates, bug fixes and other value-added features to enrich user-experience.
Salient features of new CyanogenMod CM13 series custom ROM include:
- Wi-Fi Tethering â€“ automatically turns off hotspot after preset minutes of inactivity
- Profiles â€“ add notification light controls
- Do Not Disturb/Priority Mode
- Privacy Guard/App data usage â€“ Restrict apps to Wi-Fi or Cellular data only or block all internet access, per app
- Bluetooth Devices battery support â€“ For compatible devices, a new battery icon will appear in the status bar to show the paired devices' battery level
- Lockscreen Wallpaper picker makes its return
- Lockscreen Weather and new Weather plug in support â€“ see weather blog post
- Lockscreen Blur support (on a per device basis) and the ability to disable the effect
- Live Lockscreen support
- New LiveDisplay hardware enhancements and API
- Snap Camera (depends on the type of device)
- Gello Browser (depends on the type of device)
- Lots of translations â€“ shout out to the CM translations team on CrowdIn
- Cyanogen Apps support ( x86 is not supported yet, read more HERE)
- Additional CM SDK APIs
- Security fixes
Prerequisites [Things to remember before installing Custom ROM]:
- This new CyanogenMod CM13 (ZNH5YAO0GF) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM has to be installed only on OnePlus 3 models only; if tried on other devices, it might brick them [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> Model Number]
- Make sure the device is rooted (Bootloader unlocked) before going forward. [How to unlock Bootloader]
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and it will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone. So make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP.
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else the device will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is a chance of the smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of CyanogenMod CM13 (ZNH5YAO0GF) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM on OnePlus 3 via TWRP recovery method:
Step 1: DownloadCyanogenMod CM13 (ZNH5YAO0GF) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM and Google Apps on to your PC.
[Note: downloadable file links are provided at the bottom]
Step 2: Connect OnePlus 3 to the computer
Step 3: Place the CyanogenMod Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow into the phone's storage memory.
[Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in the storage root folder, not in any other folder.]
Step 4: Turn off device and disconnect it from PC
Step 5: Perform Recovery mode sorties by long pressing Volume (Down) + Power buttons
Step 6: Once entering the TWRP settings menu, clear phone's memory (full) by selecting 'Wipe' option. Once done, select â€“ 'Swipe to Factory Reset' perform factory reset
Step 7: Return to TWRP settings and tap 'Install' by the selecting .Zip file in the phone's memory downloaded from PC
Step 8: Come back to TWRP menu setting to approve the installation by tapping 'Swipe to Confirm Flash'
Step 9: Flashing of the custom ROM begins and after few minutes, a message 'Successful' appears on the screen, thus completing installation.
Step 10: If faced with boot loop problem, navigate back to TWRP settings, and select 'Wipe cache/dalvik'. This procedure will help resolve any issue with regard to custom ROM installation
OnePlus 3 CyanogenMod CM13 (ZNH5YAO0GF) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM: HERE [Build fate: 17/08/2016]
CyanogenMod Recovery: HERE
Google Apps: HERE
USB driver: HERE