In case you weren't aware – and we won't blame you if you are not – Nintendo's Miiverse is a sort of social network that's been put up for the likes of Wii U and 3DS. The feature works like Sony's PSN and Microsoft's Xbox Live, where players are allowed to communicate with each other via drawings or text.
Now there's a brand new announcement that has been made by the company for the Miiverse that highlights several basic changes planned for the Miiverse.
The latest announcement comes via Nintendo's Erika on the Miiverse blog and speaks of the concerns related to long chats between players who aren't necessarily game-related.
"First and foremost, Miiverse is created for gamers to talk about games - to give everyone the chance to ask questions about a game/app, for example, or if you get stuck and need help in-game," the blog states.
"But over time, some people have started using Miiverse for other things, such as long chats that are not strictly game-related. These posts would prevent others from enjoying their favourite communities to the fullest.
"In order to keep Miiverse game-centred for you, we decided to redesign Miiverse, which includes introducing the posting limitation," it adds.
Besides, Erika from Nintendo has also listed all the fine details related to the chat features in the upcoming changes, as given below:
- You will be able to attach screenshots to your drawings in the Drawings section.
- It will be possible to post screenshots saved in your Album section, into your Play Journal.
- We are planning to enable the posting of screenshots saved in the Album also into the "Drawings" and "Discussion" sections. This will be implemented sometime in the near future.
- Posts and comments made before the renewal will not be deleted and will be viewable also after the renewal.
- The Activity Feed will remain as it is, you just won't be able to post in it. You can still see the posts made by your friends and the people that you are following.
Stay tuned for more updates!
[Source: Nintendo Miiverse]