The 2014 summer transfer window has finally come to an end, with a lot of signings and departures taking place on the final day.
Now as the dust settles, here is a summary of all the deals that took place on the 2014 transfer deadline day.
The Red Devils were very busy on the transfer deadline day, completing the deals of a number of players.
Ramadel Falcao's season-long loan (with an option to buy) switch from AS Monaco for a reported £12 million was probably the most eye-catching deal of the deadline day.
Many clubs including Real Madrid, Arsenal and Manchester City were also being linked to the Colombian, but United beat them all to secure the signature of the highly rated striker.
Apart from Falcao, United also completed the signing of Daley Blind from Ajax for a reported £14 million.
Meanwhile, Danny Welbeck joined Arsenal for a reported £16 million, while Javier Hernandez joined Real Madrid on a season-long deal.
Tom Lawrence also completed a permanent move to Leicester City along with Nick Powell, who joins on a season-long loan. Finally Michael Keane also completed a season-long loan move to Burnley.
The Gunners were expected to buy a striker on the transfer deadline day and they signed Manchester United Danny Welbeck for a reported £16 million.
Apart from that, Arsenal sold Ignasi Miquel to Norwich City for an undisclosed fee, while Ryo Miyaichi left the Emirates to join Dutch side FC Twente on a season-long loan.
Despite having a reputation of closing some of their most important deals on the final day of the transfer window, the Blues were very quiet this year, having already achieved their transfer targets earlier in the summer.
The biggest deal that Chelsea closed (though not exactly on the transfer deadline day) was the signing of Loic Remy from Queens Park Rangers for a reported £10.5 million. The Frenchman was signed as a replacement for Fernando Torres, who has joined AC Milan on a two-year loan deal. Marko van Ginkel also joined AC Milan on a season-long loan.
Apart from this, the the Blues also loaned out some youngsters – Jamal Blackman (Middlesbrough), Nathaniel Chalobah (Burnley), Islam Feruz (OFI Crete), Matej Delac (Arles-Avignon) and Ulises Davila (Deportivo Tenerife).
Although the Reds were being linked with a last minute move for former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes, Rodgers did not make any new additions on the transfer deadline day.
However, Liverpool, who made ten signings this summer, did offload and loan out some players on the transfer deadline day.
While Oussama Assaidi and Sebastian Coates joined Stoke City and Sunderland on a season-long loan deal, Krisztian Adorjan made a permanent move to Serie C side Novara Calcio.
The Citizens were also not busy on the final day of the transfer window as they were not allowed to make new additions due to them facing issues with UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules.
The only noteworthy business that City conducted on the transfer deadline day was the departures of Alvaro Negredo and Micah Richards on a season-long loan to Valencia and Fiorentina respectively.
The Spurs, who were very busy in the transfer market last summer, were relatively very quiet this time and they did not do much business in the transfer deadline day as well.
French defender Benjamin Stambouli's £4.7m switch from Montpellier was the only deal that they conducted on the transfer deadline day.
Meanwhile, Sandro joined Queens Park Rangers for a reported £10 million, while Jonathan Obika and Zeki Fryers also completed permanent moves (for undisclosed fees) to Swindon Town and Crystal Palace respectively.
Bundesliga side Hamburg also signed Lewis Holtby on a season-long loan, with an option to buy.
Finally Serie B side Bari also completed the transfers of Tomislav Gomelt and Souleymane Coulibaly on a loan and permanent deal respectively.
Here are some other deals take took place on the transfer deadline day.
- Brian Lenihan from Cork City to Hull City (undisclosed)
- George Boydfrom Hull City to Burnley (£3 million)
- Modou Barrow from Ostersunds FK to Swansea City (undisclosed)
- Abel Hernandez from Palermo to Hull City (£9.5 million)
- Jose Canas from Swansea City to Real Betis (free transfer)
- Mohamed Diame from West Ham to Hull City (undisclosed)
- Ricardo Alvarez from Inter Milan to Sunderland (loan)
- Karim El Ahmadi from Aston Villa to Feyenoord (£750,000)
- James McArthur from Wigan Athletic to Crystal Palace (£7 million)
- Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa from Newcastle to Roma (loan)
- Gaston Ramirez from Southampton to Hull City (loan)
- Niko Kranjcar from Dynamo Kiev to QPR (loan)
- Morgan Amalfitano from Marseille to West Ham United (£1 million)
- Toby Alderweireld from Atletico Madrid to Southampton (loan)
- Kevin Doyle from Wolverhampton Wanderers to Crystal Palace (loan)
- Glenn Murray from Crystal Palace to Reading (loan)
- Sadio Mane from Red Bull Salzburg to Southampton (undisclosed)
- Hatem Ben Arfa from Newcastle to Hull City (loan)