Developer Respawn Entertainment and publisher Electronic Arts (EA) have released a new update for its multiplayer FPS title, Titanfall.
This new update four brings in new features, tweaks and bug fixes. It will add a new game mode – Marked for Death, in which players from each team will be marked for death. Players will have to kill the enemy who is marked while protecting the teammate.
Titanfall will also be getting game modes in the playlist rotation. These modes will be available in a time bound way. Two of the new game modes are Marked for Death and Wingman Last Titan Standing.
The game will also get 14 Titan new burn cards which will add to the Titan weapons and Titan abilities will be enhanced. Players will not be losing their burn cards if they die as Pilot but they will if they die as Titans, said the post on the official website.
The new update will also bring in Titan Insignias that will be unlocked as players complete the challenges, it was also revealed that if player have filled the quota of requirements for the insignia, then they will get it.
Tweaks have been made to matchmaking and team balancing. Arrangement of the team occurs before the level loads, this will help in balancing the team's skill and player counts.
The update will add three new Titan V.O. options – Jeeves, Lisa and Betty. Players will see new warning and observations from your Titan.
A Challenge tracker has been added allowing players to keep a track of the challenges and work on the ones they want to act early.
Lobby Music can be switched off or on. Players will see a new coat of digital paint with new art for Menus, and even the background movie has been updated.
Players who buy Expedition DLC will have a new set of achievements that they will have to unlock during the map challenges.
Below is the list of bug fixes for all the platforms:
- Fix for no music playing when you join a match late.
- Fix for Sonar Burn Cards not showing during kill replay.
- Fix case for when "Titan Locking"/"Pilot Locking" indicator goes away.
- Fix not being able to rodeo a Titan doing a synced melee kill.
- Corporate: Restored Victory/Defeat music at end of match in Corporate on Campaign.
- Fix for getting stuck in Titan deploying nuclear core and nuclear core not doing full damage when right next to Titan.
- Fix cases where disembarking player directly from a Titan into the dropship leaves that player behind.
- Fixed players not ejecting from where the Titan is if they dash while auto-ejecting.
- Fix for Flyer ragdolls disappearing.
- Fixed cases where punching would make a Titan fly. You might remember this one from being featured on Kotaku.
- Fixed the Smart Pistol being unable to lock-on when the frame rate is low. (Thanks for reporting this one, forums!)
- Fixed the Smart Pistol not being able to hit crawling Spectres.
- Fixed occasional issue where Titan rodeo kills were not counted towards the Brain Surgeon challenge.
- Fixed a case where player jump jet effects would spawn endlessly.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to necksnap a Pilot who is rodeo'ing a Titan.
- Fixed a crash involving Sonar.
- Fixed being popped into Spectre tubes on Corporate after jumping off from a rodeo.
- Fixed water not fogging properly.
- Fixed cloaked players being too visible in heavy fog.
- Fixed satchels skipping doomed state when set off with smoke.
- Fixed hitching and fast forward motion when game has been running for a long time.
- Fixed tearing happening more often than necessary when running close to 60 fps.
- Fixed crashes related to fullscreen mode.
- Game window supports minimize.
- Game minimizes when switched out.
- Added very cheap low-quality water technique for min-spec PCs.
Bug Fixes(Xbox One)
- Fix for issue where going into XBox menus causes 2 music tracks to overlap.
This update will bring in changes on weapons to see that all are in good balance.
There will be reduction in the Satchel damage against Pilots, at midrange the shotgun will do lesser damage, adjustments brought about in R101 weapon, R97 has been upgraded and does more damage. Hemlock has been tweaked and so is AMPed Hemlok allowing players to take down targets from long range too. The update has also tweaked G2 and AMPed G2 rifles. Titan Plasma Railgun has been tweaked to provide easier charge when tracking enemies and after feedback, Big Punch has been adjusted.