The Last of Us, horror survival video game from developers, Naughty Dog gets a new patch 1.07 which will introduce a difficulty level and will help in fixing bugs.
This patch was released along with the downloadable content (DLC). The Grounded mode will add new multiplayer maps, new weapons and survival skills. The new maps that will be included in the game are - Water Tower, Capitol, Coal Mine and Wharf.
New weapons that will be part of the game are - Full-Auto Rifle, Enforcer, Double Barrel, Specter and Launcher. The patch weighs 151MB. The patch also introduces new missions, trophies and there are also improvements on loadouts.
Meanwhile, Marek Okon who is the concept artist for the video game, teased a fanart that showed an older Ellie. Later Neil Druckmann, the creative director at The Las of Us revealed that Ellie is "Still braver and wiser beyond her years. Marek Okon's fanart is incredible - I'd play it."
The Last of Us was released in June 2013, exclusively for PlayStation 3. It has sold more than six million copies to date. PlayStation 4 will get a remastered edition in 2014. The game is powered by a in-house engine called Havok.
Below are the full patch notes for The Last of Us (Naughty Dog):
- Grounded Difficulty added for Single Player.
- Want a challenge? This mode is for the toughest of the hardcore. Super aggressive AI. Bring your best game or you won't survive.
- Invisibility & Stuck-on-black-screen bug
- Players who have become invisible or are stuck on a black screen (typically when waiting to respawn) will be kicked from the match.
- Players who are kicked will not advance a clan day and suffer any clan losses.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to exploit supply boxes for extra ammo and 2x4s.
- Fixed a bug that allowed player who was the Last One Standing to get additional comeback items from multiple supply boxes.
- Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes crash when late joining a match.
- Fixed a bug where players on opposite teams who are spawning at the same time would sometimes spawn near each other.
- Fixed a bug where players would sometimes get stuck on a black screen when the host quits out during the match intro.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to avoid being stunned by a smoke bomb by vaulting over cover.
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred for the player who stayed in a matchmaking game after all other players had quit.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the death grunt VOX from playing when dying.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from properly shiv killing an enemy who was unlocking the lockbox.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players using an upgraded 2x4 from downing an enemy who was unlocking the lockbox while repeatedly pressing Triangle
- Corrected the alignment of many intro animation cameras.
- Fixed an issue where players were receiving large weapon ammo when downing an enemy with a melee weapon after changing to a pistol-only loadout.
- Fixed bug where players would sometimes get no ammo from a down/execution when using a pistol-only loadout.
- Fixed a bug where player would hold their large firearm while doing a melee finisher.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the player would sign out while refreshing the in-game store.
- Fixed an issue where game winning VOX would not play when a game of survivors was won with a shiv kill.
- Fixed an issue where a player's modded 2x4 attack animation would be canceled if a player vaulted over an object.
- Fixed a bug where the shiv cone wasn't aligned properly in certain cases, which made it easier to get a shiv from one side than the other.
- The Military Sniper has reduced aim assist.
Feature Additions and Changes
- Machete now interrupts melee like a gunshot would. This, combined with the change to a 3-hit swing allows it to beat an upgraded 2x4 in a fight where both players swing at the same time.
- Machete now has a 3 swing animation and takes 3 hits to down.
- Upgrading any Melee Weapon now requires 3 items to upgrade (blade, binding and rag).
- Burst Rifle now destroys armor in 2 bullets.
- The first upgrade for the 9mm and Shorty now cost 250 parts.
- The upgrades for the Hunting Rifle and Burst Rifle now cost 300 for the first level and 600 for the second level
- The Hunting Rifle scope-in time is slightly faster at the base level. The upgraded levels have not changed.
- The Hunting Rifle and Military Sniper headshot damage is increased. Now, if you get a headshot on an enemy with a helmet, it will only take a body shot to down them.
- Silenced weapon sounds now falloff at 70 meters. Silenced weapons can be heard less easily at a distance.
- Players wearing certain masks and helmets will now have a muffled filter added to their dialogue.
- Players will now call out to teammates while in the down state.
- Playlists have been updated:
- Find Match (DLC 2) has been added. This includes the new maps from the Reclaimed Territories map pack (available now), and the original maps, although the DLC maps will appear much more frequently.
- Find Match (No Parties) is now at the top of the list for each game type.
- Find Match renamed to Find Match (Parties Allowed)
- Removed upcoming map image that would appear above the loadout selections during loading to make room for additional loadouts.
- When the user clicks on a DLC item, they are now taken directly to the item to download instead of the store listing.
- Sharp Ears now has a third level and has had all levels significantly buffed.
- Downtown has had its render settings altered to make players appear brighter on the level and to make the overall lighting on the level a bit brighter.
- The depth of field on High School was tweaked to match the other multiplayer maps.
- Supply boxes now only spawn comeback weapons (purchase weapon or machete) when a player is the "Last One Standing". In situations where a player would have received a comeback weapon, that a player now receives a 2x4 (if they don't already have one).
- Increased threshold for comeback parts to spawn so they won't spawn when a team is losing by a small margin.
- Water Tower
- Set in Lincoln, PA, the Water Tower map features two primary chokepoints for some deadly face-to-face confrontations. It's mainly an outdoor map with a few indoor areas and some very unique lighting. It might seem open but it's really a tight map that's perfect for close quarters melee.
- Set in Boston, the Capitol Map features indoor and outdoor gameplay. It encourages the intelligent use of flanking.
- Coal Mine
- Set in Colorado, Coal Mine is a winter map that is spotted with abandoned buildings. It's a spacious map that has long lines of sight and a bridge that's a perfect perch for snipers. The dynamic snowstorm obscures the view so be on your toes.
- Set in the rusted-out docks where Joel encountered Robert, the Wharf map features close quarters gameplay, two snipers nests, and a giant boat. It's full of good opportunities for climbing, flanking and stealth.
New Survival Skills
Available from the PSN Store, and included in the Season's Pass. Also available to play with for free in the new pre-set loadouts below:
(1 loadout points) Earn double the parts for shiv kills.
(3 loadout points) Earn 50% more parts for special executions, get an extra shiv use every time you craft a shiv and earn double the parts for shiv kills.
(4 loadout points) Get 2 extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv and earn double the parts for shiv kills, special executions and interrogations.
(3 loadout points) Enemies drop 50% more ammo.
(4 loadout points) Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills and enemies drop double the ammo.
(5 loadout points) Enemies sometimes drop a random crafting item and always drop double ammo. Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills.
- Damage Marker
(3 loadout points) Any damage dealt marks the target who receives the damage.
(4 loadout points) Earn double the parts for marking enemies and any damage dealt marks the target who receives the damage.
(1 loadout points) Enemy nametags remain on screen for 5 seconds when you take damage.
(3 loadout points) Enemy nametags appear at twice the normal distance and remain on screen when you take damage for 10 seconds.
(1 loadout points) Bleed out time is increased by 25% and slightly increased downed crawling speed.
(2 loadout points) Earn 25 parts after healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Downed health is increased and bleed out time is increased by 35% along with even faster downed crawling speed.
(3 loadout points) Start with a health pack, earn 50 parts for healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Bleed out time is increased by 50% and downed health is increased along with much faster crawling speed.
(2 loadout points) Pistol ammo is increased by 30% at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
(3 loadout points) Pistol ammo is increased by 70% at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
(4 loadout points) Pistol ammo is doubled at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
- Bomb Expert
(2 loadout points) Smoke bombs and bombs have a slightly shorter fuse when thrown.
(3 loadout points) Placed bombs, thrown smoke bombs and thrown bombs have an even shorter fuse.
(5 loadout points) You are immune to the stun of your own smoke bomb. Placed bombs, thrown smoke bombs and thrown bombs have a very short fuse.
(2 loadout points) - Crouch walk and climb slightly faster.
(3 loadout points) - Walk, climb and crouch walk even faster.
(4 loadout points) - You are nearly impossible to hear while moving. Walk, climb and crouch walk very quickly.
New Custom Loadouts
- 2 new custom loadout slots added so everyone now has 6 total custom loadout slots.
New Preset Loadouts
Old Preset Loadouts
Have been enhanced to use all 13 loadout points:
- Fist Pump (update)
Updated fist pump animation
- Big Time (replaced the Knuckles gesture)
Get your shine on
- Blow Smoke (update)
Updated blow smoke animation
- Salute (update)
Updated salute animation
- Chest Pound (update)
Updated chest pound
- Bow (update)
Updated bow out of respect
- Downs with Enforcer
- Downs with Specter
- Downs with Double Barrel
- Downs with Launcher
- Downs with El Diablo
- Downs with Assault Rifle
- Downs with Flamethrower
- Downs with Shotgun
- Downs with Military Sniper Rifle
- Downs with Machete
- Downs with Full-Auto
Grounded Mode Trophies
- Completed Grounded Mode
- Completed Grounded Mode Plus
Abandoned Territories Trophies
- Forsaken Supply Raider
Complete a game of Supply Raid on Bookstore, Home Town, Suburbs, or Bus Depot
- Forsaken Survivalist
Complete a game of Survivors on Bookstore, Home Town, Suburbs, or Bus Depot
- Forsaken Interrogator
Complete a game of Interrogation on Bookstore, Home Town, Suburbs, or Bus Depot
Complete a match on Bookstore without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
- Bus Depot
Complete a match on Bus Depot without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
- Home Town
Complete a match on Home Town without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
Complete a match on Suburbs without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
Reclaimed Territories Trophies
- Recovered Supply Raider
Complete a game of Supply Raid on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower, or Coal Mine
- Recovered Survivalist
Complete a game of Survivors on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower, or Coal Mine
- Recovered Interrogator
Complete a game of Interrogation on Wharf, Capitol, Water Tower, or Coal Mine
- Water Tower
Complete a match on Water Tower without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
Complete a match on Wharf without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
Complete a match on Capitol without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
- Coal Mine
Complete a match on Coal Mine without dying and getting at least 3 downs or executions
Image credit: Facebook