T-Mobile has started rolling out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update to its variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 after months of waiting. The update comes a few days after the carrier released the firmware to its variants of the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for T-Mobile's Galaxy Note 5 weighs 1,420MB, according to SamMobile. The update also brings new features like Now on Tap, Doze and notification panel.
It may be mentioned that other carriers â€“ Verizon, AT&T and Sprint â€“ have already pushed out the firmware to the device. Samsung has released the firmware to its flagship devices like the Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ and Galaxy Note 4.
The South Korean technology giant is also expected to release Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to some of its high-end devices like the Galaxy Tab S2, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy A8, and Galaxy A7 but it is not confirmed yet.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA on your device
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.