Nintendo's game-creator app Super Mario Maker, a Wii U exclusive, gets a new update: version 1.20. This new update will bring checkpoints, Easter eggs, new character sprites, Totem Link and will also be fixing some of the glitches in the app.
Update 1.20 also adds Event Courses in the new Course World hub. The Totem Link will be featured in Tri Force Heroes Event Course. Users will also be able unlock new Mystery Mushroom costumes via Event Courses. This update has also added a hard mode in the Gnat Attack minigame.
Super Mario Maker was released on 11 September, 2015, in the US. The app gets a new animation every day when players boot up. Since its launch, it has sold nearly 1.88 million units.
Update version 1.20 will weigh 314.5MB. The new update is currently live.
Below are the patch notes of update 1.20 for Super Mario Maker (Nintendo Support):
- Event Courses Users can unlock new Mystery Mushroom costumes when they clear certain Event Courses.
- Users will be able to play courses created by Official Makers in Course World.
- Added checkpoint flags.
- Added a small Easter egg in Course Maker.
- Added a hard mode in Gnat Attack minigame.
- Other adjustments for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Nintendo Life reported that the new update has fixed some of the glitches, like:
- There's no longer permanent invulnerability triggered by entering doors on the last invulnerability frame after taking damage
- Super Mario World Trampolines no longer allow higher jumps when holding an item
- Invisible platforms created with Cloud Blocks and Hidden Question Blocks have been fixed
Another report from Nintendo Life gives us a breakdown of the new Event Courses content in update 1.20
Event Courses: Some include unlockable Mystery Mushroom items
- Tri Force Heroes
- Arino Maker
- Arino Maker Returns
- New! Arino Maker
- Super Bakarhythm Land
- Ship Love
Official Maker listings - some containing multiple levels
- Mr. Eraser
Guide to update Super Mario Maker
- Connect the Wii U console to the Internet.
- Return to the Wii U Menu and launch Super Mario Maker.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, "Ver. 1.20" will be displayed on the title screen.
- You can still use previous save data after downloading this update.
- If the system's Standby Functions are enabled, the update will download and install automatically.
- This update must be applied in order to use the Internet features of the Super Mario Maker game.