"Star Wars Battlefront," the shooter video game from publisher EA, gets a new update 1.08 that brings a new Bespin DLC for Season Pass subscribers and later on July 5 for the rest of the users.
The update is available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One users of "Star Wars Battlefront." The new update brings new heroes like Lando Calrissian, bounty hunter Dengar, and game mode called "Sabotage."
It also gets new weapons, maps, star cards, heroes, Hutt contract, new Twin-Pod Cloud Car vehicle, which can be piloted in Fighter Squadron. The update also features a range of fixes and improvements to the game.
The Bespin Cloud City was found in the "Star Wars" movie, "The Empire Strikes Back."
"Star Wars Battlefront" also gets a free update that increases the level cap to 70, Rebels and Imperials get new costume options and other changes.
After Bespin, the third DLC will come only in autumn and is rumoured to be around Death Star. A fourth DLC is expected to be released in early 2017.
Here are the patch notes of update 1.08 [Forums]:
- Five new maps set around or on Cloud City.
- X-8 Night Sniper: A blaster pistol with a focus on long range and a night vision scope.
- EE-4: Spread burst weapon with short-to-medium range and high damage.
New Star Cards
- Shock Grenade: A non-lethal grenade with a small radius that will stun opponents caught in the blast.
- Scout Binoculars: Outlines enemy soldiers when zooming through the goggles. After pressing fire, any soldiers in line of sight get tagged for your entire team for 4-5 seconds.
- Disruption: Instantly overheats the weapons of any soldiers in close proximity to the player.
- Lando Calrissian
- Power Blast – Once activated it will give a critical modifier on Lando's blaster fire for a limited time
- Shocking Trap – Throws a decoy on the ground to confuse the enemy and shock anyone that gets close.
- System Disruption – Disrupt all nearby enemies weapons & star cards, setting them to overheat / cooldown. Also affects Hero abilities.
- Explosive Rush – Dengar runs forwards and sticks grenades to all enemies he passes.
- Frenzied Blast – Greatly increases the fire-rate for his primary weapon.
- Hurricane Strike – Perform a melee sweeping attack while running forward.
New Game Mode: Sabotage
- The Empire are using Tibanna Gas Generators to power their tractor beams, preventing Rebel transports from escaping Cloud City. The Rebels must blow up the generators and defend their extraction point. The Empire must stop the Rebels and hunt them down.
New Hutt Contract:
- A new batch of 8 Hutt Contracts.
- Added the Cloud Car as a playable vehicle on the new maps. The cloud car features twin blaster cannons, concussion missiles and a sensor jammer.
New content for all players:
- Ranks: Increased rank cap from 60 to 70.
- Appearance: A new unlock for the Rebels, the Bespin wing guard.
- Appearance: A new unlock for the Empire, the Shock Trooper
- Palpatine: The honor guard have been updated and replaced with Royal Guards.
- Leia: The honor guard have been updated and replaced with Alderaan Guards.
Players can check here for the complete list of patch notes that includes general, UI, Weapons and Star Cards, Heroes, Game Modes, Stats and Progression.