Sprint has started seeding the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update to its variants of Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy S5 Sport. The carrier has already rolled out the firmware update to the Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge.
The firmware update was rolled out to the Galaxy Note Edge on Thursday, taking the version to N915PVPU4DPD, according to Sprint support page (via GSM Arena). The update will be rolled out in phases and will be completed by May 2, and come with security patches and bug fixes.
Sprint support page has stated that the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Galaxy S5 Sport started on Thursday and will continue till May 11. The update will take the firmware version to G860PVPU2CPD1.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy S5 Sport:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.
It may be mentioned that Samsung has already released Android 6.0 Marshmallow to its flagship devices like the Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+ and Galaxy Note 4. The company is also expected to seed the firmware to other devices like the Galaxy Tab S2, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy A8, and Galaxy A7.