Morning brief: Russia to invest about $500M in India, Syrian rebels capture Isis stronghold of Dabiq, Tyson Gay's daughter killed and more
The contents of a previously unpublished pro-EU article written by Boris Johnson two days before he publicly announced his support for the Leave camp, have been made public.When asked about the article Johnson stated he had written one article each both for remaining and leaving the EU to weigh up the arguments. He was not aware how the Remain piece had been leaked.The existence of the article, which Johnson wrote for The Daily Telegraph, was well known, but the contents were not - until they were shared in the Brexit book All Out War, by Tim Shipman, the political editor of The Sunday Times.
Oct 16, 2016
Evening wrap: PM Modi calls Pak 'mother-ship of terrorism', Theresa May to visit India and Pak violates ceasefire again
BRICS Summit 2016: Full text of Goa Declaration adopted by India, China, Russia, Brazil and South Africa
Black clothes are selling fast in Thailand. Thais mourning the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej are buying dark clothes to express their grief. Civil servants and state officials were ordered to wear black clothes for an entire year.Retailers have removed coloured clothing from their shelves and ordered more dark clothing.Tourists in Thailand have been advised to wear subdued clothing.
Oct 16, 2016
3 days ago
- Child marriage thwarted: 9-year-old girl rescued from being married off to a 39-year-old man in TN
- Indian villagers believed 'meteor' fell from sky, kept pieces in fridge only to find out it was frozen human excreta
- Adult star Nikita Bellucci exposes 12-year-olds begging her for sex, blames kids' parents
- 'Time-traveller' brings back photograph of futuristic city from the year 6000: Real or fake?
- Mahadayi water dispute: 2 bandhs in 11 days to hit normal life in Bengaluru