A bombing at a shopping mall during an amateur boxing match in Leyte province, the Philippines, wounded 33 people on 29 December. It is the second attack on a public place in less than a week where no one has claimed responsibility. A mortar round was remotely detonated by a mobile phone. It followed a Christmas Eve grenade explosion outside a Catholic church that wounded 16 people on the southern island of Mindanao, a Muslim-dominated region where a long-running insurgency is being fought. Police said there was no indication the two attacks were linked.
Dec 29, 2016
US Secretary of State John Kerry laid out his plans for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on 28 December. In a speech just weeks before the Obama administration hands over power to President-elect Donald Trump, Kerry gave a strong speech criticising both Palestine and Israel in the conflict, especially Israels settlement expansion policy. The US Secretary of State also defended the decision to allow for the passage of a U.N. resolution demanding an end to Israeli settlements.
Dec 29, 2016
6 hours ago
- Scientists discover a hidden ocean Twilight Zone filled with unknown fish
- Why Liverpool should sign Leicester City's Kasper Schmeichel, former Reds keeper explains
- Ek Do Teen row: After Salman, Anil Kapoor backs Jacqueline Fernandez
- Honda Activa dominates scooter segment, finds a buyer every 10 seconds
- Salaries of Indian MPs doubled, here are the other allowances they receive
- India adds firepower at Pakistan border with new air base in Gujarat
- 4 Paws Veterinary Clinic raid: All you need to know
- Paying for sex is to torture a woman, says Pope Francis
- Watch: Melania Trump stumbles on White House lawn, Donald Trump catches her