At least two people have died and two dozen injured on 28 December, after a 15 coach passenger train derailed near Kanpur city in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The train was travelling at around 5.20am (GMT) through dense fog, which has severely affected planes and trains in India. This is the second train derailment near the city within a month. More than 100 people were killed when a train crashed on 20 November.
Dec 28, 2016
'Suspicious package' at Trump Tower leaves secret service in flurry, turns out bag of children's toys
Demonetisation fine: Centre approves Ordinance that levies Rs 10,000 penalty on those holding old notes after March 31
Congress party 132nd foundation day: PM Modi sacrificed common man in fight against corruption, says Rahul Gandhi
Delhi: Police constable suspended after being caught on CCTV accepting object from pickpockets at metro station
- Woman attacked with acid, 'possessive' female colleague under scanner
- BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully tested with Indian-made seeker
- Pakistani TV show darkens fair-skinned models to prove 'black is beautiful'
- India's 'stern warning' to Facebook, other social media: Influencing elections not tolerated
- Cambridge Analytica scandal: Which Indian political parties are involved?