Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes scrapped: Key points of PM Modi's late-night meeting with senior ministers on demonetisation
Morning brief: Modi promises corruption-free India, Apple iPhone 8 leak, Ind vs Eng Test match and more
A 7.8 magnitude earthquake has caused widespread damage in New Zealand. People evacuated their homes on the South Islands east coast, after the quake generated a tsunami.The epicentre was inland, 57 miles north-east of Christchurch.In 2011, a 6.3 earthquake killed 185 people on the South Island. The number of causalities from todays earthquake have not been confirmed.
Nov 13, 2016
A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 7.8 rattles central New Zealand generating a tsunami that hit the northeast coast of the South Island.
Nov 13, 2016
2 hours ago
- SAG Awards: Morgan Freeman calls out someone for chatting during his Lifetime Achievement speech
- Worlds largest seizure of live red pandas conducted in Laos
- Nasa tests shape memory alloy for foldable aircraft wings during flight
- ICC U-19 World Cup: Super League quarter-finals live stream, TV listings and schedule
- Child marriage thwarted: 9-year-old girl rescued from being married off to a 39-year-old man in TN
- Indian villagers believed 'meteor' fell from sky, kept pieces in fridge only to find out it was frozen human excreta
- Adult star Nikita Bellucci exposes 12-year-olds begging her for sex, blames kids' parents
- Mahadayi water dispute: 2 bandhs in 11 days to hit normal life in Bengaluru
- 'Time-traveller' brings back photograph of futuristic city from the year 6000: Real or fake?