More than 100,000 protesters filled Bucharests Victoria Square demanding the governments resignation on 5 February. Demonstrations against high-level corruption entered their sixth day in a row, despite the government repealing a decree decriminalising some graft offences. Initial news of the decrees approval, which would have led to dozens of politicians being shielded from prosecution for corruption, triggered the biggest public protests in Romania since 1989, when the Communist regime of Nicolae Ceausescu collapsed.
Feb 6, 2017
Elliot Nash, 32, has been imprisoned for verbally abusing and physically assaulting rail staff, all because he didnt want to pay a £2 fare. He told London Midland revenue protection managers to f**k off” and that he was not going to buy a ticket, before threatening to knock them out on the journey between Kings Norton and Northfield on 11 November 2016. The shocking rant, caught on one of the manager’s body worn video, then turned violent when Nash pushed and kicked one of her colleagues.Police were called and officers identified Nash from the footage, arresting him at his Northfield home just two hours later. He was later charged with common assault and two public order offences against both staff and members of the public. Nash, of Chatham Road, pleaded guilty and on 19 January he was jailed for 15 weeks at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court.Despite the overwhelming evidence against him, Nash had the audacity to deny the offences initially, only changing his plea when the case went to trial.
Feb 6, 2017
Police are asking Londoners to hand in firearms and imitation weapons during a two-week firearms surrender campaign, launched by the Metropolitan Police Service this Monday, 23 November. The surrender will run between 07:00 hours on 23 November and 23:00 hours on Sunday, 6 December and will give Londoners the opportunity to safely dispose of firearms, imitation weapons or ammunition, by taking them to a local 24-hour police station and handing them in. During this two-week period, people surrendering firearms may not face prosecution for illegal possession and can remain anonymous. Each live weapon handed in will be assessed by firearms officers, with some weapons being forensically checked for evidence.
Feb 6, 2017
China fire: At least 18 dead in massage parlour fire, people filmed jumping out of windows [Graphic Content]
A massive fire broke out in Chinas eastern Zheijang province killing at least 18 people. The cause of the fire is unclear as authorities are still investigating the incident. Fire safety measures are said to be routinely ignored in China, with exit doors locked and escape passages blocked in buildings.
Feb 6, 2017
6 hours ago
- Timelapse of skies over Olympic Stadium in Pyeongchang
- U.N. Security Council demands truce as air strikes continue
- Remembering Sridevi: Sadma to English Vinglish, top 7 Hindi movies of India's first female superstar
- Indian consulate in Dubai initiates repatriation process to bring Sridevi's body back to Mumbai
- Sridevi's funeral: Veteran actress' body to be flown back to Mumbai from Dubai today
- Sridevi's net worth: The Bollywood queen who amassed a fortune
- Congress posts insensitive tweet after Sridevi's death, gets blasted on social media
- Is it a ghost or an alien? Viral video shows mysterious figure closely observing an accident scene
- Billy Graham's funeral: When and where it will be held, guests and other details