serbs-cut-ribbon-on-chinese-built-bridge-over-danube

Serbs cut ribbon on Chinese-built bridge over Danube

The Chinese and Serbian prime ministers inaugurated Thursday a brand new, multi-million-euro bridge over the Danube, described as the first major Chinese-built infrastructure project in Europe. Dec 19, 2014
roma-families-near-paris-face-expulsion-before-christmas

Roma families near Paris face expulsion before Christmas

Just days before Christmas, forty Roma families living in a camp near Paris face the threat of expulsion. Local authorities gave the families 48 hours to leave the camp on 4 December, leaving them anxiously awaiting their fate. Dec 19, 2014
putin-promises-economic-recovery-digs-in-on-ukraine

Putin promises economic recovery, digs in on Ukraine

President Vladimir Putin tries to quell fears of economic collapse and vows rapid recovery from the worst financial crisis of his rule but stresses that his position on Ukraine has not shifted. Dec 18, 2014
merkel-says-russia-sanctions-remain-unavoidable

Merkel says Russia sanctions remain 'unavoidable'

German Chancellor Angela Merkel stressed Thursday that Europe's goal remains a free and whole Ukraine and that Western sanctions against Russia remain unavoidable until that goal is reached. Dec 18, 2014
cuban-prisoners-freed-in-swap-are-heroes-at-home

Cuban prisoners freed in swap are heroes at home

The three Cubans released in a prisoner exchange that paved the way for a historic breakthrough in Havana's Cold War standoff with the United States are celebrated as heroes back home. Dec 18, 2014

Bangladesh President Abdul Hamid arrives in New Delhi on official visit

New Delhi, Dec 18 (ANI): President of Bangladesh, Abdul Hamid, arrived in New Delhi on Thursday on a six-day official visit to India. India's President Pranab Mukherjee had invited him to visit India and also to be a guest at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. The Bangladeshi President is expected to meet Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, President Mukherjee, Vice-President Hamid Ansari and other senior leaders. He was received at the airport in New Delhi by Junior Foreign Minister, General (retired) V.K. Singh. The Bangladeshi President's visit is expected to contribute to further strengthening and expanding the bilateral relations between the two countries. Hamid's visit comes in the backdrop of India making efforts to go ahead with Land Boundary Agreement (LBA) with Bangladesh. Dec 18, 2014

Maoists attack construction site in Latehar

Latehar, Dec 18 (ANI): Maoist rebels targeted construction workers in Jharkhand early this week, leaving several injured. The attack took place in Latehar district, a stronghold of Maoist rebels. The rebels destroyed the make-shift tent and thrashed all the workers engaged in the construction of a bridge. The construction site was attacked sometime around midnight on the intervening night of Tuesday. The rebels also burnt machines at the site before leaving pamphlets behind in which they owned up for the incident. Meanwhile, six construction workers are undergoing treatment in a local hospital. Dec 18, 2014
bail-to-lakhvi-will-serve-as-reassurance-to-terrorists-to-perpetrate-crimes-decision-should-be-reve

Bail to Lakhvi will serve as reassurance to terrorists to perpetrate crimes, decision should be reve

New Delhi, Dec 18 (ANI): Spokesperson of Ministry of External Affairs Syed Akbaruddin on Thursday said that grant of bail to Zaki ur Rehman Lakhvi will serve as reassurance to terrorists to perpetrate heinous crimes. He said that India cannot accept that a person designated as international terrorist is being released on bail. The MEA also called upon Pakistan to reverse the decision and said that there can be no selective approach towards terrorism. Akbaruddin also stated that 99 percent of evidence for 26/11 attack is in Pakistan and the rest 1 percent has been also handed to Pakistan by India. Dec 18, 2014