Morning brief: TN considering filing contempt petition against Karnataka over Cauvery, Yahoo confirms security breach and more
Cauvery row: Tamil Nadu considering contempt petition against Karnataka over deferred release of water to Mettur dam
Yahoo confirms massive security breach: Check if your credentials are among the 500 mn that were stolen
People have rallied against the governments new Fertility Day campaign which encourages people to have children while they can. The campaign has been called both racist and sexist and people are saying that the government should focus on economic struggles and the children that people already have. The campaign has also been accused of being racist after another poster depicted two white couples next to the caption: proper lifestyle for the prevention of sterility and infertility contrasted against a hooded multi-ethnic group smoking on the street captioned: the bad companions to leave behind.
Sep 22, 2016
- Woman attacked with acid, 'possessive' female colleague under scanner
- BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully tested with Indian-made seeker
- Pakistani TV show darkens fair-skinned models to prove 'black is beautiful'
- India's 'stern warning' to Facebook, other social media: Influencing elections not tolerated
- WhatsApp message claiming Delhi will be hit by 9.1-magnitude earthquake is fake