17 soldier have been killed and 35 others injured after four gunmen stormed Indian army brigade headquarters in Kashmir. India is blaming Pakistan for the attack. The assault, in which four commando-style gunmen burst into the brigade headquarters in Uri at 5.30 am (midnight GMT) was among the deadliest in Kashmir and has sharply ratcheted up tension between the nuclear-armed rivals. The army deployed helicopters to evacuate soldiers injured in the dawn attack that was followed by a gunfight. The raid comes amid heightened tension in Indias only Muslim-majority region which has faced more than two months of protests following the 8 July killing of a popular separatist field commander.
Sep 19, 2016
On the day of the UN summit where Theresa May is due to say there should be a better distinction between refugees and people attempting to enter a country for economic reasons, a life jacket graveyard has been set down outside the Houses of Parliament to show the plight of refugees.
Sep 19, 2016
- Donald Trump Jr declares love for 'mild and nice' Indian media, calls US press 'brutal'
- Japanese man ends up in a hospital after masturbating with anglerfish stomach
- Rotten body of man found in tunnel of Delhi Metro airport line but no one noticed for months
- Twitter lauds courage of IAF officer's wife who attended his funeral with 5-day-old daughter
- Justin Trudeau is entertaining Indians more than Bollywood with his dresses and bhangra dance moves [Video]