While passing through Florida, Hurricane Matthew toppled trees and caused flooding in the streets and power cuts to more than 1 million households and businesses.While the storm has moved on towards Georgia and into South Carolina and North Carolina, Florida residents will now have to survey the damage done by the hurricane, that caused more than 900 deaths in Haiti. In Florida at least two people have died after being hit by trees. Early estimates are for insurance losses of $25-30bn. The U.S. National Hurricane Center downgraded the storm to a Category 2 with 5 being the most severe category.
Oct 8, 2016
Evening wrap: Curfew reimposed in Kashmir after 12-year old dies, India's Forex reserve hits new high, Kohli's 13th ton gives team good start and more
London Police have released footage of a mobile phone thief being arrested. Cavell Hutson, aged 21, was captured after stealing 21 mobile phones on his scooter.He stole the phones in Islington and Camden on 3 September and was arrested later that day after driving through Kingsland market, Hackney.A police helicopter filmed the daring escape and the footage shows people jumping out of the way of the scooter to avoid being run over.
Oct 8, 2016
Steel Flyover project in Bengaluru: Online campaign highlighting consequences goes viral; what is your take?
- Here's why Donald Trump imitates Modi and his Indian accent
- Indian villagers believed 'meteor' fell from sky, kept pieces in fridge only to find out it was frozen human excreta
- Adult star Nikita Bellucci exposes 12-year-olds begging her for sex, blames kids' parents
- 'Time-traveller' brings back photograph of futuristic city from the year 6000: Real or fake?
- Mahadayi water dispute: Bengaluru braces for 2 strikes in 11 days, but will it yield the desired results?