The new SlimKat Android v4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM has been made available to the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 phablet.
The new custom software SlimKat Android v4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM can only be installed on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200, a non-LTE model. Like all previous SlimKat firmwares, the new custom ROM is also light, stable and comes packed with remarkable features.
Pre-requisite (things to remember before the installation of custom ROM in the smartphone):
- Though custom ROM gives unrestricted powers (options) to the device, once installed, smartphone company's warranty stands void and will no longer be liable for future updates [warranty can be restored simply by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- This SlimKat Android v4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM is for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 (non-LTE model) only.
- Rooting of devices leads to complete data wipe out, so be sure to make a Nandroid back-up of all your personal data.[Note: This procedure will create mirror image of all the setting options and applications installed in the phone prior to custom ROM installation]
- Users' device must be rooted and must have installed ClockworkMod Recovery and Google Apps tools.
- Remember to wipe Dalvik Cache clear before proceeding to ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Users make sure you have installed USB drivers on the PC to connect your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 (users can download, here)
- Make sure your device has more than 80-percent battery charge.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting of Android devices. If the step-by-step custom ROM installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or may even lead to the device being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if smartphones get bricked. Hence users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 SlimKat Android v4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM Installation Tutorial:
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200 to your PC via USB chord.
Step 3: Then, place the .zip files of Android v4.4.2 Custom ROM and the Google Apps into the phone's SD card memory. [User are advised to copy/paste the .zip files in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 4: turn-off the device and disconnect the device from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular ClockworkMod Recovery sortie, by press holding 'volume (up)', 'home' and 'power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering ClockworkMod Recovery mode, then perform full data wipe, by choosing 'wipe data/factory reset' [Note: use Volume keys to navigate and power button to select options, while operating under Recovery mode]
Step 7: Now, empty the cache memory by selecting 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or other errors during installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 4.4.2 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the procedure for Gaaps (Google Apps) .zip file as well [Note: use volume keys to navigate and power button to select options]
Step 11: Once the installation is completed, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-boot the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200) would take minimum five minutes to complete booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of SlimKat Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]