Amid the controversy surrounding the ban on Pakistani artistes in India, Ajay Devgn has become the first Bollywood A-lister to publicly support the ban. In an interview with CNN-News18, the 47-year-old actor said that he is not going to share screen space with actors from the rival country at the moment.
"Not at the moment. I heard some people say that talks are the only way to continue. I want to see you getting into a fight with somebody after he gives you a tight slap on your face and you say 'let's have a talk right now,'" Ajay said in the interview.
Taking a dig at his fellow actors, who are supporting the Pakistani artistes working in India, the Shivaay actor said: "It's saddening. I don't know what the reasons are. I don't even believe that they are human beings are scared at this time."
Proud of Ajay's stand against working with Pakistani actors, his wife and actress Kajol took to Twitter and said, "So proud of my husband for taking a non-political and absolutely correct stand . @ajaydevgn #ProudIndian."
A few days ago, Indian Motion Picture Producers Association (IMPPA) passed a resolution to temporarily ban Pakistani artistes from working in India following the Uri terror attack that led to the death of 19 Indian Army jawans. Since then Bollywood has been divided in opinions.
Karan Johar's Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, which will clash with Ajay's Shivaay at the box office on October 28, has been facing troubles regarding the release of the film. Karan's film has Pakistani actor Fawad Khan in a key role and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) has been protesting against the release of the film despite repeated requests from many people and associations to allow the smooth release of the movie.