Seo Ju-hyun, also known as Seohyun, is a member of South Korean band Girls' Generation and its sub-group TTS. She has appeared in reality shows, films and TV series. The young actress is turning 24 on Sunday, 28 June.
Here are some interesting facts about Seo Ju-hyun:
- She is the youngest member of the band Girls' Generation, which also features Taeyeon, Yoona, Tiffany, Yuri, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.
- Seo Ju-hyun became a voice actor for the Korean-dubbed version of super-hit movies "Despical Me" and "Despicable Me 2".
- Before attaining fame, she was a trainee for the South Korean label SM Entertainment.
- In 2012, Seohyun, along with fellow Girls' Generation members Taeyeon and Tiffany formed the sub-group TTS, which focuses more on each member's vocal ability, as opposed to the parent group's focus on uniform group performances.
- Seo Ju-hyun regards the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon as her life mentor and role model.
- She was appointed by Seoul Metropolitan Office as South Korea's Goodwill Ambassador for Student Fitness in 2010.
- In an effort to assist economically backward children in getting education, Seo Ju-hyun donated ₩100 million to Dongguk University.
- She is multi-lingual, and speaks Chinese, Korean, English and Japanese.