Adults tend to stay away from animation films and those that have animals as central characters. However, every so often a movie comes along and reminds you of your love for animals
These wholesome entertainers featuring animals in lead roles often find a place in the viewers' heart and allow them the luxury of child-like amusement. Check out some of the best animal-centric film from Hollywood that you need to watch, especially if you are an animal lover.
- Lady and the Tramp: This Walt Disney classic from 1955 is still revered as one of the most heartwarming and romantic movies of all time. In fact, the spaghetti/kissing scene from this film is one of the most iconic moments in Hollywood history.
- 101 Dalmatians: This touching story about a Dalmatian couple and their humans is beloved by so many people, that Walt Disney decided to not only make an animation film, but also a live action one based on it.
- Marley & Me: This beautiful coming-of-age dramedy featuring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston centres on a cute Labrador named Marley, whose antics teaches her owners valuable life lessons. The movie, which was released in 2008, had set a record for the largest Christmas Day box office ever with $14.75 million in ticket sales.
- The Secret Life of Pets: This 3D film by Illumination Entertainment portrays the story of a group of animals that have decided to rise up against the humans that have wronged them. As scary as the scenario is, the movie is also equally funny and features some of the best comedians Hollywood has seen, including, Louis CK, Eric Stonestreet, Ellie Kemper, Dana Carvey, Bobby Moynihan and Lake Bell.
- Nine Lives: Not your typical pet film, "Nine Lives" is about a cutthroat businessman who gets punished for choosing his work over family. The man, played by Kevin Spacey, gets stuck in the body of a cat and the movie is all about this his interactions with his daughter and his journey of redemption. This Kevin Spacey comedy will be released on Aug. 5.