Science & Health
New Delhi, Dec 02 (ANI): A new study has revealed that eating one table spoon of yoghurt can dramatically cut your chances of getting diabetes. According to the research daily tablespoon of yoghurt reduces the risk of getting type 2 diabetes. Dairy foods such as such as milk and cheese which people eat in general may not cut down the risk of developing diabetes but there may be a link between yoghurt and a lower risk of Type 2 diabetes, study suggested.Consistent findings for yoghurt suggest that it can be incorporated into a healthy dietary pattern.
Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi, Nov 28 (ANI) : A new study has found that the compounds, which are responsible for the bitter taste in cucumbers, may be able to treat cancer and diabetes. According to the researchers of University of California the bitter flavor in wild cucurbits-the family that includes cucumber, pumpkin, melon, watermelon and squash-is due to compounds called cucurbitacins.The fruit and leaves of wild cucurbits have been used in Indian and Chinese medicine for thousands of years, as emetics and purgatives and to treat liver disease. More recently, researchers have shown that cucurbitacins could kill or suppress growth of cancer cells.
Nov 29, 2014
- 2 billion-year old salt reveals how ancient Earth evolved life-sustaining oxygen
- Watch: Deep-sea anglerfish caught mating in first ever video
- Dinosaurs evolved horns to attract mates, not fight enemies
- Watch: Gorilla walks like a human to keep hands clean
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]