Science & Health☰
New Delhi, 15 Nov (ANI) :A new study has demonstrated that a compound found in coffee may help prevent obesity-related disease. Chlorogenic acid, or CGA specific compound found in coffee significantly reduces insulin resistance and coffee consumption may also lower the risk for chronic diseases like Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. : CGA is a powerful antioxidant that helps reducing inflammation and a lot of evidence suggested that obesity-related diseases are caused by chronic inflammation, so if they could control that, they could hopefully offset some of the negative effects of excessive weight gain.
Nov 15, 2014
New Delhi, 15 Nov (ANI) : A new research has revealed that obesity plays a major role in triggering autoimmune diseases in which the immune system attacks its own body rather than predatory invaders.Obesity leads to a breakdown of the body's protective self-tolerance, creating the optimal environment for autoimmune diseases, and generates a pro-inflammatory environment which is likely to worsen the disease's progression and hinder its treatment.There is a long list of causes of autoimmune disorders which includes infections, smoking, pesticides, lack of vitamins, and so forth but now a new factor has emerged that cannot be ignored which is obesity.
Nov 15, 2014
Five Lifestyle Changes to Lower Diabetes Risk: Myths and Facts about Chronic Disease on World Diabetes Day
New Delhi, 13 Nov (ANI): A new study has indicated that physically active teens are less affected by the moderate consumption of sugary drinks. Moderate consumption of high-fructose and high-glucose beverages has little impact on the metabolic health of weight-stable and physically active adolescents. These beverages may be less unhealthy for adolescents as physical activity component is really critical in protecting against some of the negative effects of drinking large amounts of sugar-sweetened drinks.
Nov 13, 2014
- Trump praises hospital staff and visits victims off Florida school shooting
- Video: Why World #1 Roger Federer can be a brilliant tennis chair umpire as well
- Watch: Melania Trump pulls hand away from Donald Trump as Playboy model alleges affair with US president
- Who is Black Panther's sister Shuri? Meet actress Letitia Wright, the actual hero of the Marvel movie
- Chandrayaan-2, set to place robotic rover on the moon, 'more powerful than NASA's Apollo missions'
- Scientists discover 'aging clock' that can predict when you're likely to die [Exclusive]
- Aliens might wipe out life on Earth with just a message, say researchers
- Man says he is a time-traveler on secret CIA mission, shows image of 'Earth in 2118' as proof [Video]
- Hundred new 'alien planets' discovered beyond our solar system by NASA's Kepler probe