A cyclone with hurricane-force winds made landfall on Yemens Arabian Sea coast on Tuesday (3 November), flooding the countrys fifth-largest city Mukalla and sending thousands of people fleeing for shelter. Officials and meteorologists say the storm is the most intense in decades in the arid country, whose storm response is hampered by poverty and a raging civil war.
Nov 4, 2015
Science & Health
A dashcam in eastern Chonburi province, Thailand, captured a green fireball, believed to be a burning meteor, shoot across the night sky on Monday night (2 November), an incident reportedly seen across wide areas of Thailands sky.
Nov 3, 2015
Mexicos Colima or Fire volcano erupted once again on Sunday (1 November), as its period of activity rolls on. There were five explosions from between 8.00am and 11.48am local time. Ash emanating from the volcano reached as high as 1,500 metres into the sky.
Nov 2, 2015
13 hours ago
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Watch: Deep-sea anglerfish caught mating in first ever video
- Surgery helps 30-year-old woman to open her mouth for the first time
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- World water crisis in numbers