Science & Health
Scientists have documented a solar storm blasting away Mars atmosphere, an important clue in a long-standing mystery of how a planet that was once like Earth turned into a cold, dry desert, Nasa scientists said on Thursday (5 November). On 8 March, Nasas Mars-orbiting Maven spacecraft caught such a storm stripping away the planets atmosphere, scientists said. Maven lead researcher Bruce Jakosky said the stripping of Mars atmosphere took place hundreds of millions of years ago and has slowed down since.
Nov 6, 2015
Time-lapse video shows high resolution images of suns surface.
Nov 5, 2015
A cyclone with hurricane-force winds made landfall on Yemens Arabian Sea coast on Tuesday (3 November), flooding the countrys fifth-largest city Mukalla and sending thousands of people fleeing for shelter. Officials and meteorologists say the storm is the most intense in decades in the arid country, whose storm response is hampered by poverty and a raging civil war.
Nov 4, 2015
- NASA releases new image of Crab Nebula by Chandra, Spitzer and Hubble
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- Watch: Gorilla walks like a human to keep hands clean
- First spacewalk 53 years ago today was nearly a disaster
- Space radiations are getting more dangerous: Are future astronauts at risk?