New Delhi, Oct 18 (ANI): A new study has found that daily consumption of fruit juice can actually prove dangerous for the heart. According to study, the sweet drinks could significantly increase the central blood pressure of the people who have it on daily basis than the ones who have it occasionally, which could heighten the risk of heart attack or angina. Although fruit juices have the essential vitamins but they also contain high amounts of sugar and according to previous researches orange juice is equally bad as sweetened drinks, a 250ml serving contains 115 calories or seven teaspoons of sugar while a can of cola has 139 calories.As per World Health Organization's recommendation, people should consume only six teaspoons of sugar per day.Oct 18, 2014
Ghee Mysore pak
Besan flour - 1 cup
Ghee - 150 ml
For Sugar syrup
Sugar - 1 cup
1. With a little ghee on the pan, roast the ground flour for about 4-5 minutes.
2. Once the color changes a little bit, sift the flour through a sieve to rid any lumps.
3. Add about 150 ml of ghee to get a creamy consistency.
4. Make concentrated sugar syrup in a pan by heating up little water and sugar while stirring on a low flame.
5. Add the besan ghee mixture into the sugar syrup while maintaining the low flame and stirring constantly. Add more ghee as it visibly changes colour.
6. Once you reach a nice dropping constancy, turn off stove and transfer contents into a bowl and let it set.
7. Make sure the bowl is greased well with ghee before transferring content into the bowl to prevent sticking.
8. Once cold, you can cut and surprise your family with this divine delicacy!
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.comOct 17, 2014
"Looking at our results, we suggest that nail beauty fanatics who trim their nails on a daily basis opt for straight or parabolic edges, as otherwise they may amplify the imbalance of stresses which could lead to a number of serious conditions."Oct 17, 2014
The 26-year-old nurse, who contracted Ebola while treating the first Ebola victim in US, Thomas Eric Duncan, arrived at the Frederick Municipal Airport in Maryland around 10.30 pm on Thursday.Oct 17, 2014
Refined flour - 1 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Orange food color
Oil/Ghee for frying
For Sugar syrup
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
A few Saffron strands
Garnish with Rabri & Pistachio
1. In a large bowl, whisk refined flour, yogurt, orange food color and sufficient water to a smooth and pouring consistency batter. Cover and keep in a warm place to ferment for 8 to 9 hours.
2. Make the sugar syrup by dissolving sugar and saffron in the water, over low heat, then cook over high heat till slightly thick.
3. Pour some batter onto a jalebi cloth, gather the edges and make a tight potli.
4. Squeeze round spirals into the hot oil/ghee and deep fry, turning them over gently a few times, till they are evenly golden and crisp.
5. Drain and soak in sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes. Take them out of the syrup and place Jalebi's in a plate, spoon Rabri over them and garnish with Pistachio.Oct 16, 2014