Science & Health
Woman's sincere and heartbreaking description of how 'depression isn't beautiful' goes viral on Facebook
A scientist from the University of Tasmania has captured rare footage of dragon-skin ice on an expedition to the Antarctic. Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) researcher Guy Williams drone video shows the rippled edges of the sea ice, which were formed by hurricane force winds. Williams witnessed the icy phenomenon on an expedition to the Ross Sea in western Antarctica.
May 11, 2017
Greig Trout is the founder of 101 Things to do When you Survive, an anti-bucket list list that saw him travel the world. Trout isnt someone you would meet now and realise that he has once suffered severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Trout is a double cancer survivor, first diagnosed at just aged seven with a stage 4 Wilms tumour, and again at aged 30 but this time with stage 2 bowel cancer. Although he fully recovered from both cancers the psychological effects and fear of the cancer returning were what really took their toll. He spoke to IBTimes UK on Mental Health Awarness Week about his experience.
May 9, 2017
- Former U.S. Navy Seal who killed Osama bin Laden talks career philosophy on book tour
- What is Cambridge Analytica? Election data firm used by Trump harvested data on 50 million Facebook users
- Who is Yi Gang? US-trained economist appointed as head of Chinas central bank
- CCTV footage appears to show ballot stuffing during Russian election
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic
- Man with fused jaw couldn't eat solid food for 38 years
- Watch: Gorilla walks like a human to keep hands clean
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- NASA releases new image of Crab Nebula by Chandra, Spitzer and Hubble