The next-generation Samsung Galaxy S8 flagship smartphone has again become the subject of rumour mills. And latest reports have it that the smartphone will be released only in a curved-screen Edge variant.
As per a Korea Herald report [translated], Samsung is in the process of procuring display panels measuring 5.5-inches and 5.1-inches. This aspect is a clear indicator of the Galaxy S8 being commercially available in 5.1 and 5.5-inch display size variants.
On official release of the Samsung Galaxy S8 in a curved-screen only edition, the smartphone would join the Galaxy Note 7 that also eliminates the flat-screen design editions. At this point in time, it is worth noting that the Galaxy Note 7 has come under fire across the world due to battery issues and explosions.
As far as the release date of the Samsung Galaxy S8 is concerned, the flagship handset is expected to get a 2017 release. The smartphone's technical specifications, though not official at this juncture, have surfaced online. Check these out, below:
- 5.1-inch/5.5-inch super AMOLED display protected with Gorilla Glass 4
- Android 7.0 Nougat operating system out of the box
- Dual 12 MP rear cameras
- 8 MP front snapper
- Dual SIM-card slot
- 6 GB RAM
- 64/128 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 256 GB
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed Lithium-Ion battery with fast charging functionality.