Samsung took more time than expected to release Android Marshmallow update to its flagship and high-end devices, but it has been seeding the firmware aggressively over the last few weeks. The Galaxy S5 Plus that was released in November 2014 is the latest device to receive the firmware.
The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update has been rolled out to the Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus devices in Germany with build number G901FXXU1CPE1, according to SamMobile. It came a few days after the Galaxy S5 received the firmware in the country.
The Galaxy S5 Plus is an upgraded version of the Galaxy S5. The device ran on Android 4.4.2 KitKat when it was released but was upgraded to Android Lollipop last year. It sports a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1,080x1920 pixels (432 ppi pixel density) and powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor.
The South Korean technology giant has so far rolled out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to the Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Sport, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 4.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via OTA on the Galaxy S5 Plus:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow download notification will appear on the device screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.