Samsung has started rolling Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update to the Galaxy S5 LTE-A in South Korea, according to SamMobile. The firmware update with build number G906KKTU1CPE1 has come to all three models of the device.
The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update comes after the Galaxy S5 Plus, the European variant of the Galaxy S5 LTE-A, received it. The device came running Android 4.4.2 KitKat when it was launched in 2014 before being upgraded to Android Lollipop last year. The new update brings features like Doze, Now on Tap, Runtime Permissions and Google Now on Tap to the device.
Samsung has rolled out Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update to its eligible flagship devices like the Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Sport, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 4. The South Korean technology giant is also expected to release the firmware to the Galaxy Tab S2, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy A8, and Galaxy A7.
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via OTA on the Galaxy S5 LTE-A:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your LG device screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software.