Mobile software developer community TD ROMs has released the new Android Marshmallow-based PhoeniX v12.6 custom ROM to the Galaxy S5 LTE model.
In addition to all the features of Android M, it brings shortcut to settings, performance enhancement tweaks, extend battery life, latest security patches, features of Galaxy S7 series and Galaxy C5 such as Wallpaper picker, App lock, ultra data saving mode, and numerous value-added personalisation option to the Samsung's 2014 flagship smartphone.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future. [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- This new PhoeniX v12.6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) LTE - model only; if tried on other devices, it might brick them. [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S5) smartphone will not be recognized by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80 percent battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Step-by-step installation procedure of PhoeniX v12.6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) models:
Step 1: After downloading PhoeniX Android v6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM and Google Apps on to your PC, connect Samsung Galaxy S5 to the computer via USB cord
Step 2: Place PhoeniX Android Marshmallow custom ROM zip file into the phone's SD card memory [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder]
Step 3: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC
Step 4: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons
Step 5: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 6: Now, clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'
Step 7: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 8: Navigate back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 9: Tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android M ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Once again reboot to Recovery mode and then flash Google Apps .zip file [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 10: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S5) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to 'Settings' >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of PhoeniX Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM.
PhoeniX v12.6 Android Marshmallow custom ROM: HERE
Google Apps: HERE
USB driver: HERE