Samsung has finally shed some light on its upcoming device amid speculations on the release date of its upcoming Galaxy Note 5. It announced after months of silence that its "Unpacked 2015" event will be held on 13 August, giving a hint that its much-awaited Note device could be unveiled on the same day.
Not much is known about Galaxy Note 5 with the South Korean electronics giant keeping mum all this while despite speculations around it, but leaks have revealed several key information about Galaxy Note 4 successor.
Here are 10 things we know so far about Galaxy Note 5:
1) Samsung has the tradition of launching its Note devices at the annual IFA event in Berlin and several reports had earlier suggested that it would follow suit this year too but it may not be the case this time around. The company has sent out press invites for its "Unpacked 2015" event to be held at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center, New York City, on 13 August. The event is scheduled to start at 11:00 am PDT (08:30 pm IST).
2) Several reports have claimed that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 might feature an automatic ejectable S-pen.
4) It was earlier reported that the Galaxy Note 5 would be launched along with the Note 5 Edge variant but latest reports have claimed that the latter has been scrapped.
5) The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is expected to come to AT&T and Verizon, and perhaps to all five major carriers in the United States.
6)The upcoming new Note device might look very similar to the Galaxy S6. Leaked photos of the purported device have hinted that the two devices share similar design except S-pen seen in the Galaxy Note 5.
7) The upcoming Note devices is expected to come with glass back and the leaked images also indicated that the same, so it may come without microSD card slot and removable battery.
8) It is reported that the Galaxy Note 5 will come with either Quad HD or Ultra HD resolution. Quad HD, as seen in the Galaxy Note 4, is stunning but Ultra HD will make the device's display even better.
9) It was earlier speculated that Samsung could introduce foldable display feature in the upcoming device, citing patent filing of the company. However, recent reports have made no mention of the foldable display feature.
10) The Galaxy S6 Edge+ is expected to be launched along with the Galaxy Note 5. It is expected to feature specifications of the Galaxy S6 Edge except bigger screen.