Samsung's new flagship phablet Galaxy Note 5 has received good response from the critics and fans for its feature-rich hardware and functionalities, and to sweeten the deal, the company is offering gift vouchers to the buyers.
The company has opened a dedicated web page to provide details about goodies worth more than $310, which range from news subscription, cloud-storage, S-pen friendly apps, Gaming apps, exercise training guide and more, will be offered to Galaxy Note 5 buyers.
Galaxy Note 5 Gift Descriptions (Voucher types will differ in other regions):
- ArtRage: With this app, the users can paint and draw like you would do on real paper with a toolbox. It comes with packed with realistic painting tools such as oils and watercolors.
- SketchBook for Galaxy: It is similar to the above app. It also comes with additional brush effect option.
- Scribd: The users will get unlimited access to 1 million e-books and audio books library for three month (worth $48).
- Kindle for Samsung: The users will get monthly exclusive deals on e-books worth $50.
- Komoot: The users can avail topographic maps, real-time navigation and more, if you plan for hiking or bicycling in the outdoors with 3 regional bundles.
- Lifesum: This bundle will give users 6-month free Gold subscription, which includes personalised guides to dieting, exercise and more.
- OneDrive: Galaxy Note 5 will get 100GB free cloud-storage for two years worth $48
- TripAdvisor: The users can avail up to 15% discount (around $100) on travelling via TripAdvisor.
- Premium News Subsription: Galaxy Note 5 users can avail 6-month free subscription to top publications such as The Economist (worth $64), NY Times, and The Guardian (worth $24)
- Games: Users can also enjoy top paid games such as 'Driver Speedboat Paradise', 'Empire: Four Kingdoms' and 'Hearthstone Heroes of Warcraft' for free.
In related development, Samsung is planning to launch Galaxy Note 5 in India soon.
Samsung community blog SamMobile has stumbled upon a firmware bound for the Indian variant. It is said to be still under testing. To verify the report, the website asked Samsung for reply. To that, the company neither denied nor confirmed whether Galaxy Note 5 is coming to India. This ambiguous statement from the company had led many to believe the flagship phablet will indeed hit stores in the country later this year.
As of now, Samsung has only launched Galaxy S6 Edge+ in India.
Just a few days ago, Samsung was panned by the early adopters of the phone. It was said that the phablet's S-Pen had a design-flaw, wherein if the user accidentally inserts the stylus backwards (with pointy edge up), they risk permanently disabling self-ejection mechanism and also the S-Pen detection sensor. The users of Galaxy Note 5 have been advised to be cautious while inserting the stylus as otherwise they will have to pay an expensive service bill.
Key Features of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+:
|Models||Samsung Galaxy Note 5||Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+|
|Display||5.7-inch WQHD (2560x1440p) super AMOLED screen
||5.7-inch WQHD (2560x1440p) super AMOLED screen
|OS||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop|
|Processor||14 nm process based Exynos 7420 Octa-core (2.1GHz Quad + 1.5GHz Quad) CPU||14 nm process based Exynos 7420 Octa-core (2.1GHz Quad + 1.5GHz Quad) CPU|
|RAM||4GB LPDDR 4 series||4GB LPDDR 4 series|
|Battery||3,000mAh, Fast Charging both on wired and wireless
||3,000mAh, Fast Charging both on wired and wireless
|Network||4G-LTE (Cat. 9 or Cat. 6) depending on the regional network||4G-LTE (Cat. 9 or Cat. 6) depending on the regional network|
|Add-ons||Finger print-sensor, new advanced S-Pen stylus, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO(2x2),
Bluetooth® v 4.2 LE, ANT+, USB 2.0, NFC,
|Finger print-sensor, new advanced S-Pen stylus, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO(2x2),
Bluetooth® v 4.2 LE, ANT+, USB 2.0, NFC,
|Dimensions||153.2 x 76.1 x 7.6 mm||154.4 x 75.8 x 6.9 mm|
|Weight||171 g||153 g|
|Colours||White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium.||White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium.|