Samsung Electronics remains tight-lipped on its upcoming next generation device, dubbed Galaxy Note 4, which is expected to be released in September but that has not stopped the media from leaking the alleged features of the purported phablet.
Here are a few expected features of Galaxy Note 4, according to reports:
1) Processor: According to AnTuTu benchmark listings, Samsung may release two versions of Galaxy Note 4 - one powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 that features Krait 450 (300MHz-2457MHz) CPU and Adreno 420 GPU, and the other with Exynos 5433 8 Core processor that has ARM Mali-T760 GPU. Earlier reports had also claimed that the device would have a Quad Core Snapdragon 805 processor that clocks at 2.5GHz.
2) Operating System: Samsung's next generation phablet is expected to come with the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat. There were reports that the South Korean electronics giants might introduce Android 4.5 Lollypop through the device but it is unlikely as the OS is expected to come out only by the end of the year, while Galaxy Note 4 might arrive in a couple of months' time.
3) Display: The device may sport a 5.7-inch super Amoled display, which is the same as Note 3. It is expected to have a 2560x1440 resolution with 500+ppi. There were also reports that the device will come with a flexible display.
4) Camera: AnTuTu benchmark has claimed that Galaxy Note 4 will have a 16MP rear and a 3.6MP front camera. Samsung4Note website had earlier reported that the device might have a 16MP rear camera with ISOCELL technology, 4K video recording and a 2MP front cam with 1080p video recording.
5) Memory: The device is expected to come with 3GB RAM, which is seen in its predecessor Galaxy Note 3.
Nothing is confirmed as of now but several reports suggested that Galaxy Note 4 would feature S-Pen stylus with updated gestures and air command.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date
Samsung Electronics is expected to unveil Galaxy Note 4 along with the next generation of Gear 2 in September. According to Android Geeks, an insider revealed that the device would be unveiled on 3 September, and the invitation to the Unpacked event would be sent out in mid-August.
The Korea Times also reported that the device would be unveiled at the the upcoming annual IFA trade fair in Berlin, Germany to be held between 5-10 September. The device is expected to be sold in a bundle package with the Gear 2 successor.