Samsung has reportedly commenced rolling out Android Marshmallow to the Galaxy A7 and Galaxy A5 in Europe.
As of now, Samsung has released the Android v6.0 to the Galaxy A5 (2016) in Serbia and Turkey, while in Russia, both the Galaxy A7 (2015) and A5 (2016) have received the update, GSM Arena reported citing device owners.
The new Android Marshmallow brings the Doze battery optimisation feature, improved "Now on Tap" search option, support for more international dialects, silent mode to the sound profile, a do-not-disturb option, performance-enhancing optimisations, enhanced boot security system, and many more.
In addition to the Marshmallow features, Galaxy A7 and A5 (2016) also get enhanced TouchWiz UI features and Google's latest June security updates.
To update the software,
- Make sure the device is sufficiently charged and connected to Wi-Fi.
- From the device home screen, pull down the notification shade and tap Settings.
- Under the System category, tap About device.
- Tap Software update > Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.
- The device automatically restarts once the new software successfully installs.
Since the Over-The-Air (OTA) process is carried out in stages, it may take a few weeks to reach all corners of the world.
Watch this space for more updates.